You need money to make money has to be one of the oldest business myths around. It's usually touted by people without money as their excuse as to why they never hit it big. You've heard these excuses and others;
- I would have made that deal, but I just couldn't come up with the money.
- I knew that was going to be a big thing, but I just didn't have the money to get into it.
- I have a great idea for a product that will make millions, but I just don't have the money to get started.
- I could have bought that property a few years ago for half of what it's selling for now.
- I would have been my own boss, but I just wasn't able to come up with the money I needed to make it happen.
Only rich people make money, poor people just stay poor.
You have to have money to be able to start your own business, manufacture a new product, or begin a new service.
Hogwash, to all of those and all similar excuses.
People who use these worn-out excuses are just kidding themselves. They aren't as bright as they think they are, they don't know everything, and they're the type of people that you should avoid spending time with.